The 2017, 17th South Taiwan Film Festival
South Award—Chinese Films Competition
rules and regulations
I. The Aim of the Competition:
Established in millennium, and held The South Award—Chinese Films Competition since the 3rd, The STFF and its competitions encourages filmmakers who dedicated to focus on Chinese issues, and offers audience multi-perspective visual, radical, avant-garde and innovative spirits works.
II. Entry Qualification :
Open globally, NOT ONLY for ethnic Chinese filmmakers, but issues about Chinese as well. For any genre, feature or short length film/video works. However, the films must be completed after June, 2016. Also, all on-line entries, must be completed before 30th June, 2017.
(The Festival committee has rights to determine the eligibility of any entries. Any submission after deadline has no guarantee of being viewed for the South Award Competition.)
III. To Submit a Film, You Need To:
A. Fill in entry down below
(All entries must be completed before 30th June, 2017)
B. on-line link with following materials:
A complete film screener, less than 4GB, 1280x720 resolution, in mov. or mp4 file format. Attached a non-public on-line link with passcode on youtube or Vimeo channel, or download link(google drive, one drive, dropbox…etc), filled in online entry form column. With Traditional Chinese / English subtitle attached. (at least one)
C. Please make sure fill in all entries materials in order to fulfill festival requirement, or the qualification may forfeit.
III. Award Prizes including:
1. South Award: 1 for 60.000 NTD
2. Best Fiction, Documentary, Animation and Experimental film. 30,000 NTD, 1 winner for each category.
3. Rookie of the Year: 1 for 30,000 NTD
4. Human Rights Award: 1 for 30,000 NTD
(The SOUTH Prize would take place from one winner of 4 categories. Hence there will be only three category winners and 1 SOUTH Prize winner)
IV. Selection procedure:
A. As the competitor meets the qualification of nomination of Rookie of the Year, make sure to fill the column of entry form on-line.
The qualifications including:
1. Director’s debut or second public screening works (not including in-school screening).
2. NO other award winning record before STFF (winner of school competitions is NOT included).
3. Award winner may forfeited by the qualification verified afterwards.
B. All Awards are selected by jury and presented during the festival in November.
C. Each category in 17th STFF film competition would be cancelled under following conditions:
1. By receiving less than 30 verified entries.
2. Less than 5 nominations.
3. All film selections from its category would become the screening program under the 1 and 2 condition.
D. Rules and Regulations:
1. Double submission shall lead to disqualification.
2. All nominated films MUST HAVE both Traditional Chinese and English subtitles, and the screening format should be in HD file、Blu-ray Disc in NTSC format. (Competitors may be disqualified by failing to do so.)
3. ALL SUBMITTED MATERIALS become the property of the South Taiwan Film Festival and its presenting organization, the South Taiwan Film Organization. All materials WOULD NOT be returned. By submitting this term, please make sure you have fully acknowledged the South Taiwan Film Festival right to copy, and to preserve all materials for STFF’s non-commercial, educational, promotion use during 2017 STFF.
4. If all nominations could not meet the standard of the jury, the STFF reserves all rights NOT to announce Award winner this year. And the cash prize would be equally distributed to other awards.
5. All selected films would be used for STFF’s activities with no charge and the directors are obligated to participate in related activities during the festival. (If necessary.)
6. All selected films should provide the STFF a 3 minute trailer. If NOT, the STFF has the right to rearrange film clips from the film. (for promotion use, and less than 3 minute)
7. The STFF is allowed to preserve the prints of the selected films in its archives.
8. The filmmaker will take full responsibility for copyright infringement in their creations. If the selected films are accused and convicted violations by court, all cash prizes and trophies MUST be returned.
9. The STFF is authorized to organize non-profit screenings for 3 times within a year.
VI. Contact Details for any request for further information, please contact:
Competition Section of the 2017, 17th South Taiwan Film Festival
Program and competition coordinator: Joe HUANG
Tel. +886-6-2370091, +881981006905
Address: Room C, 2F, No. 85, Shengli Rd., East Dist., Tainan City, 70146, Taiwan (R.O.C.).